League of Legends: Wild Rift is Riot Games’ answer to the really popular Mobile Legends game in mobile phones. The interface and mechanics are similar, and they’re leveraging on the shorter lengths and huge number of people having a mobile phone.
I was more of a Dota2 player than League of Legends (LoL) before, but admittedly there are currently more LoL players now than Dota 2. Personally, I didn’t like League of Legends because you needed so much time to unlock all of the heroes, unlike Dota2 where all heroes were already unlocked in the first place.
Anyway, I tried it lately and I found it more appealing and polished than Mobile Legends. I also didn’t have too many issues with connectivity, unlike ML where there were spikes happening regularly during matches.
How do I fund my GCash Account?
Before being able to buy using your GCash balance, you need first to top up. There are lots of different options in cashing-in, but the easiest is by bank cash-in (via BPI or UnionBank) or by bank transfer to your account.
What’s the simplest method of buying Wild Cores using GCash?
Before you can buy, if you are a new player, you would need to go through some tutorials to familiarize yourself with the game. Once you get to Level 3, the store is unlocked and you can now buy Wild Cores (WCs).
Here are the steps:
- From the main page, click on the plus button on the topmost part of the screen, beside the Blue Mote / Wild Core icons.
- You will be able to see a screen with different WC quantities for sale. Pick what you like and another screen will be popping up the details.
- Under the payment methods, just click Buy. Your balance will be automatically deducted and you will be getting your WC.
What’s the difference between the Blue Mote and the Wild Core?
Blue motes are achievement based, and you can collect them once you’ve finished certain tasks or have won games. Wild Cores are the actual consumable on sale from within the game.
What can you buy with Wild Cores?
As Wild Cores are the in-game currency, they help you unlock rewards, bundles, skins, and heroes (champions) from within the game.
- Skins – these are cosmetic items that make your favorite champion look better
- Champions – as you are only given a small pool once you start playing, you can unlock others (with 725 Wild Cores per hero)
- Items – you can also change the form of in-game buildings like turrets or icons in chat
- Bundles – typically these are premium skins bundled together which makes your champion look unique and cool
- Wild Pass – these are bundles that unlock rewards; Elite ones have more benefits like levels and bonus elite missions
Are there other channels where we can buy these?
We can also buy from third-party sites like Codashop. Since they have a direct integration with GCash, they don’t have extra fees on top of what you need to buy.
You just need your Riot ID beforehand so that the digital good is directly deposited to your account after payment. You can find this under your Profile, right above your current level.
Are there other places where we can buy Wild Cores?
As Codashop is the official partner of Riot Games, there are no other online sites where you can buy WCs.
We talked about how to buy Wild Cores in Wild Rift. Either you can buy them in-game or on a site like Codashop, which has no transaction fees with GCash.
If you like similar topics, you can also take a look with these:
If you’d like to learn more about GCash, I created a how-to on the basics of GCash.
Here is a list of links if you’re interested in the main GCash functions:
- Cash in or Cash out
- GCash Scams
- Send Money
- Bank Transfer
- Payment via QR
- GCash Mastercard
- AMEX Virtual Pay
- Pay Bills
- Request Money
- Buy Load
- GCash Forest
- Book Movies
- GCash via USSD (*143#)
- Receiving Remittances
If you are also interested in knowing what resources I used in making this blog happen, please take a look at my resources page.
How do you like the tutorial? Did I miss anything? Please add your comments and suggestions below!