Call of Duty is one of the most popular mobile games lately. As such microtransactions are also aplenty within the app. In the Philippines, as the COD franchise is being operated by Garena, any microtransaction needs to use the Garena currency called “shells”.
This post is for explaining how to buy Garena shells, which correspond to COD points using GCash.
What’s the simplest way to buy COD points?
The simplest way is to buy it within the game, using a linked Google Pay account to your GCash. This works for both Google Play and Apple App Store.
Here are the steps:
- From the game itself, click on the Store button on the lower left part of the screen, or click on the COD point tally on the upper right part of the screen.
- If you clicked on the Store button, you will be able to see the Store page. You can click on the COD Points button to see the different point bundles you can buy. If you clicked on the COD point tally, you will also see this screen.
- Once you have your Google Play linked, you can buy directly from within the game. You can just click on the buy button.
What are other ways to buy COD Points?
There are lots of ways to buy Garena Shells — however, I’ll be focusing on three ways — buying from GCash, buying within Garena, and buying from Codashop.
How do I redeem prepaid/redemption codes in Garena?
You will need to use Garena’s site to redeem Garena Shells. Here are the steps:
- Log into the Garena site using your Garena account used for COD.
- On the main page, click on Call of Duty: Mobile – Garena.
- Click on Garena Prepaid Card as Payment Method.
- On the Prepaid Card page, add your code and click Confirm.
How do I buy from GCash?
You can buy from within GCash Buy Load or Game Credits. For Buy Load, you can do these steps:
- In the GCash main page, click on “Buy Load”. And click on Next.
- Then under the Buy Load selection, look for the Game Credits tab and choose the Garena Shells load you want to buy.
- Confirm the payment and wait for the SMS with their code to arrive. Then redeem it at the Garena site I mentioned above.
For Game Credits, it’s a little bit easier:
- From the GCash main page, click on Show More, then scroll at the bottom to see the Game Credits button.
- Under Game Credits, input your number and click Next. Once on the next page, you can look for the Garena tab to see all types of Garena Shell promos. Choose one to buy.
- Confirm the payment to be able to receive an SMS with the redemption code. You can then redeem it at the Garena site.
How do I buy from Garena?
You can also directly buy Shells from the Garena site. There are different modes of payment, and you can also use your Paypal linked AMEX Card as an option.
Here are the steps:
- Log into the Garena shop site. You will need to use your COD username and password.
- Click on the Call of Duty Mobile icon. You will be able to redeem a prepaid card, or you can use your existing shells or you can buy shells directly. If you are buying, you will be redirected to the Shell top-up page.
- On the top-up page, you can buy shells using different payment methods. One is via Paypal log in, and the last is via Debit/Credit card through Paypal. I recommend you link first your AMEX Card with Paypal before using the direct debit/credit card option.
- Proceed with the payment to redeem your shells.
How do I buy from Codashop?
There are lots of channels where you can buy Shells, one of these is through Codashop. Buying from Codashop is easy because they have an existing integration with GCash. Here are the steps to buy:
- Go to the Codashop site, then select Call of Duty: Mobile.
- Select your voucher (minimum is Php 50 for GCash), then select GCash as payment option and your email as the voucher is being sent there.
- Pay using GCash. Once payment is successful, you can use the voucher and redeem it on the Garena site. For an exact how-to with Codashop, you can refer to my Codashop guide.
Other Related Questions
How do I cash-in into GCash?
How do I link my Google Play or Apple account to GCash?
We talked about how to buy COD Points using different channels, all through GCash. The simplest way is through Google Play, with GCash as a default payment option. However, we can also buy Garena shells through GCash and Codashop and redeem the vouchers via the Garena site.
Here are some similar posts:
- Buying Robux using GCash
- Codashop and GCash
- Buying MLBB Diamonds using GCash
- Topping up Steam Credits using GCash
If you’d like to learn more about GCash, I created a how-to on the basics of GCash.
Here is a list of links if you’re interested with the main GCash functions:
- Cash in or Cash out
- GCash Scams
- Send Money
- Bank Transfer
- Payment via QR
- GCash Mastercard
- AMEX Virtual Pay
- Pay Bills
- Request Money
- Buy Load
- GCash Forest
- Book Movies
- GCash via USSD (*143#)
- Receiving Remittances
If you are also interested in knowing what resources I used in making this blog happen, please take a look at my resources page.
How do you like the tutorial? Did I miss anything? Please add your comments and suggestions below!