Request Money is one of the most underused and underrated features of GCash app. I believe it should be used more. It should even be put beside the Send Money button in the main screen — that’s how important I think it is.
Currently it is under the “More…” button, and you need to scroll down a bit to see it.
Table of Contents
What are the benefits of Request Money?
- More secure, since you will able to see who is requesting the money
- Easier for both sender and receiver to use, as the receiver can input the amount, the receiver can acknowledge
- Easier to track, since there is a history function for both sender and receiver — no need to check your SMS inbox
- Also has a transaction reference number for easy escalation to support if needed
- Doing a recurring request money option is much easier to do than a recurring send money one
- Senders will have more flexibility in actually sending their money, since the nature of the request is not immediate
How do I initiate a request?
You just need to click on the Request Money button then create a new request. After creating the request, it is up to the requestee to acknowledge and confirm.
How do I accept a request and actually send the money?
Here is the point of view of the recipient/requestee. Once you receive a request, you need to go to Request Money page and acknowledge the request. You just need to confirm and pay.
How can I see the history of my requests?
You just need to click on the “View History” button in the request money page. You will be able to see your requests and the details of each as well.
Are my requests also sent to the GCash Mailbox?
Yes, once you’ve sent a request, the requestee will also receive mail in his GCash Inbox. The requestee can also initiate the acknowledgement from there.
Does Request Money give out Energy Points for GCash Forest?
No, Energy Points are mainly generated via Send Money. More details here.
I’ve talked about the benefits of Request Money, comparing it with the traditional Send Money. Generally a request money provides a lot more flexibility than Send Money as you give the sender more time to go through with the transaction. I also included a walkthrough in the POV of both parties concerned.
I have a new e-commerce site where you can buy some e-books here: GCR Prime
After reading about what GCash is, here are the main GCash features: