Telemedicine is one industry that is likely going to boom from now on. Since a lot of people are not allowed to go outside, the only way to have check-ups is to consult with a doctor online. Even for medicines, you can show your prescription to a pharmacist online and have the medicines delivered to your home.
What is KonsultaMD?
KonsultaMD is a subscription platform that offers affordable medical consultations over the phone or via video call. You can also set a schedule with specialist doctors if you need to.
What specific benefits do I get with a subscription?
- You can get access to consult with medical professionals via phone or video call.
- You can get to receive e-prescriptions and/or e-lab requests via SMS or printable copy if needed.
- You can have first aid support for those situations that need it.
- You can get partner discounts from related companies
Here are some caveats not mentioned in the app:
- The subscription allows you access to the KonsultaMD platform, which includes the 24/7 hotline or video call with a doctor-on-call. This is the main use of the app.
- If you plan to have an online check-up with a specialist, you will need to schedule an appointment and pay their consultation fee. This is different from the doctor-on-call hotline function.
What subscription levels does KonsultaMD have?
There are personal and group subscription packages, the only difference is the number of video consults allowed per month and the length of the period. If you want to add video consults, you just need to add Php 15 per consult.
How do I subscribe and pay using GCash?
Here are the steps:
- From the main page, you can click on the “Talk to our Doctors” button to take you to the Services page.
- You can either, click on a call hotline, start a video call, or set an appointment with a specialist.
- Since you have no subscriptions in the meantime, you will be flagged that you need to subscribe first.
- Once on the subscription page, select a plan. Take note that Starter 15 doesn’t support GCash payment.
- You will be transferred to the Subscription Cart. Under Payment Option, select “Credit card using PesoPay” and click Proceed.
- Once redirected to the Pesopay portal, select the GCash option. You will be able to pay using the webpay option.
- After payment, you will be receiving notification that the payment succeeded. This should also reflect on your profile.
After subscribing, you can now access the features of the app. If you need instant medical advice, click on the Call Hotline / Video Call button. Otherwise if you want an appointment with a specialist, book it with the Video Call Specialist option.
What are the specialists available for consultation?
Here are the ones listed in the app. Take note that the fee differs per specialist:
- Ears, Nose, Throat
- Family Medicine
- General Dentistry
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Internal Medicine
- Mental Health
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Rehabilitation Medicine
How can I be sure that the doctor-on-call made a correct assessment of my medical situation?
That is the limitation of a virtual checkup. If your issues are relatively minor then I think it’s a good service — you can even get your e-prescription if needed. Otherwise, they would most likely recommend you go to a medical facility.
Can I call the service to get an ambulance?
Yes, the doctor-on-call will have the option to set up an ambulance provider if needed. However, this is not free, as the provider is a third-party service different from KonsultaMD.
Can I use the service without a smartphone?
Yes, you can reach the hotline at 02-7-798-8000. You can also subscribe via the hotline.
KonsultaMD is a telehealth platform that aims to make medical consultations available to all. You can subscribe with the service starting at Php 15, however, to be able to pay using GCash you would need to pay Php 60. There are multiple subscription types, and you can also subscribe for multiple users of the app.
With this service, you can reach a doctor 24/7 as well as set an appointment with other medical specialists when needed.
If you are interested in similar topics, you can visit these:
If you’d like to learn more about GCash, I created a how-to on the basics of GCash.
Here is a list of links if you’re interested in the main GCash functions:
- Cash in or Cash out
- GCash Scams
- Send Money
- Bank Transfer
- Payment via QR
- GCash Mastercard
- AMEX Virtual Pay
- Pay Bills
- Request Money
- Buy Load
- GCash Forest
- Book Movies
- GCash via USSD (*143#)
- Receiving Remittances
If you are also interested in knowing what resources I used in making this blog happen, please take a look at my resources page.
How do you like the tutorial? Did I miss anything? Please add your comments and suggestions below!